Recently I'm spending some time (alright, A LOT OF time) linking from blogs to blogs and seeing if I can find some intersting articles to read. I found this blog,  FemaleScienceProfessor, at the "Blogs Updated" area on Blogger.com.

 

I'm intrested in research myself, so it caught my attention immediately. The author of this blog is "a full professor at a large research university", and "does research in the physical sciences", as she writes in "About Me". This blog is about what she confronts with as a female reseacher. In the end of "About Me" she writes:

 

I have the greatest job in the world, but this will not stop me from noting some of the more puzzling and stressful aspects of my career as a Female Science Professor.

 

Some of the articles in this blog talk about the different treatings male and female researchers receive, e.g. Broader Impacts, and some are focused on issues that reseachers today are faced with, like Interdisciplinary Pretender.I haven't read all the articles on this blog yet, since the author started to write on May 2006 and has accumulated a great many of posts . But from what I have read so far, I will recommend this blog to anyone who wants to learn more about researching life. What the author writes is easy to read and, always has some unique and reasonable viewpoints of her own. This blog has become one of the Blogs of Note in April, and I think anyone interested in science reseaching affairs should take a look of it. I think you won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home