Homework for my English class. Each of the students should hand out a prose or a fiction of about 1500 words at the end of semester. I haven't named it yet, but it will be a fiction, I think. So here's the first few paragraphs of my work...



It was Saturday night. I left the jewelry store at six pm, and went to the restaurant, "Emily", to have dinner. I was a bit of anxious then, so I felt going to one of my favorite restaurant might help.


It looked like the business of Emily was better than usual that day. The whole place was filled with chatters and laughter coming from everywhere. Bob, the owner of the restaurant, didn't even have time to raise his head when I greeted him. I felt a little relieved when I found myself a table and sat down.


But I didn't enjoy the joyful atmosphere for even 5 minutes. After I made my order, I felt someone looking at me. And I could tell that it was in a very unfriendly way, like a predator kept an eye on its prey. Trying not to be noticed by any other people, I carefully looked around. Then I found him. A man in a long dirty yellowish coat with a hat, pretended to be reading newspaper. He sat not far away from me, so I could know in a quick glance that he was actually watching me over the edge of papers.


I was being watched. But why? I was both confused and nervous. But the man seemed to be more restless than I was. Just as I finished my drink, the man rose up and walked toward the counter. He talked to Bob for a minute. I saw he showed something to Bob, but Bob shook his head firmly. Then the man left the restaurant.


I finished my meal in a hurry. When I went to pay my bill, I asked Bob about the strange man...



Well, that's all I have written so far. I tried to made it a mysterious one, but right now it seems a little silly. Well, I guess that's all right. I still have plenty of time to work on it, and I will work hard. Or I think I will.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home